hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject [REPORT] HttpComponents
Date Fri, 12 May 2017 05:27:08 GMT
  - The Apache HttpComponents project is responsible for creating and
    maintaining a toolset of low-level Java components focused on HTTP and
    associated protocols

## Issues:
  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
  - A vote was passed to move over to Git from SVN. This will thus be
performed
    in the near future
  - We are currently working on adding support for HTTP/2 protocol to
HttpCore
    and HttpClient.
  - We understand that our web site could be improved to migrate away from
    XML/APT and Maven generation to something like Markdown and jekyll. This
    would be something we plan to look into in the months ahead.

## Health report:
  - Overall the project remains active. Although established in late 2007
    the project remains stable and active as seen by JIRA and Emails.
  - The number of emails could be seen as low, but it is stable like the
state
    of the project, and we still have interested people joining into the
    dev list hoping to contribute, and saying so on the list.

## PMC changes:
  - Currently 9 PMC members.
  - Last PMC addition was Michael Osipov on Mon Aug 24 2015

## Committer base changes:
  - Currently 18 committers.
  - Last committer addition was Julian Sedding at Fri Sep 30 2016

## Releases:
  - HttpAsyncClient 4.1.3 GA was released on Fri Feb 10 2017
  - HttpCore 5.0-alpha3 was released on Tue May 02 2017
  - HttpClient 5.0-alpha2 was released on Wed May 10 2017

## JIRA activity:

Asankha C. Perera
AdroitLogic, https://www.adroitlogic.com

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com