hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpAsyncExpectationVerifier question
Date Sat, 20 May 2017 17:12:17 GMT
On Sat, 2017-05-20 at 09:52 -0700, Gary Gregory wrote:
> OK, cool, my next issue (in the same method) is that the verifier is
> NOT
> called for all requests, which is a bug for my use case. I can see
> that it
> is only called for HttpEntityEnclosingRequest so I cannot verify all
> requests coming in!

Expect-continue handshake applies to entity enclosing methods only.
That is why I think changes you have made to HttpClient 4.6 is a
mistake.

---
8.2.3 Use of the 100 (Continue) Status

   The purpose of the 100 (Continue) status (see section 10.1.1) is to
   allow a client that is sending a request message with a request body
   to determine if the origin server is willing to accept the request
   (based on the request headers) before the client sends the request
   body. In some cases, it might either be inappropriate or highly
   inefficient for the client to send the body if the server will
reject
   the message without looking at the body.
---

Nevertheless you can make any HTTP method an entity enclosing one if
you wish so by using a custom HttpRequestFactory instead of the default
one

https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-core/blob/4.4.x/httpcore/src/m
ain/java/org/apache/http/impl/DefaultHttpRequestFactory.java

Oleg