hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Git policies and practices / of tendency for good intentions to turn into s..t
Date Tue, 16 May 2017 07:22:18 GMT
So, I woke up this morning, took a look at my mail box and found two
wonderful commit messages on top of the 4.4.x release branch saying
'oh, forgot this' and 'ah, forgot that' immediately after a dev branch
merge.

Shit like that will happen over and over again because people tend to
forget things and tend to make mistakes all the time.

I will be vehemently against (to a point of using my -1 as a veto if
needed) any policy that stops RMs from squashing such commits within a
defined period of time.

Oleg