hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Do not commit to HttpCore SVN!
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 17:13:17 GMT

> > One personal request. Do you think you could try to make your
> > commits
> > less granular and combine logically related changes into larger
> > change
> > sets?
> >

> Old habits die hard. Git might indeed make this better. If you want
> to add
> this to the style guideline on the site, it will help all
> contributors,
> present and future.

Hi Gary

I do not think it would be possible to enforce it through a style check
or a commit hook as there are legitimate reasons for one line commits.

Please do not get me wrong. I have no intentions of changing your way
of working. I fully respect other people's habits. What I am asking is
your consent to squash some of your commits (combining small related
commit into a larger one).

Oleg