hc-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.http.protocol.HttpCoreContext.getAttribute(String, Class<T>)
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2017 23:14:34 GMT
On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2017-03-31 at 16:34 -0700, Gary Gregory wrote:
> > I am always casting when I call HttpContext.getAttribute(String) for
> > well-known keys defined HttpCoreContext like HTTP_CONNECTION.
> >
> > It seems we could make
> >
> > org.apache.http.protocol.HttpCoreContext.getAttribute(String,
> > Class<T>)
> >
> > part of the interface HttpContext.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Gayr
> >

> Hi Gary
>
> Usually one would probably want to use an adapter class such
> HttpCoreContext or HttpClientContext to get access to context specific
> attributes but I am fine with moving the method to the generic
> HttpContext interface.

Let me try to solve this from a different angle.

I have an HttpContext and I want it's HttpConnection.

- If I do an instanceof test for HttpCoreContext and call getConnection(),
am I always going to get a non-null connection object?
- If I call getAttribute(HttpCoreContext.HTTP_CONNECTION) on any
HttpContext, will I only get a non-null object when the receiver is a
HttpCoreContext?

I do not want to make getAttribute(String, Class<T>) part of the interface
if it is going to make things more confusing.

Thank you,
Gary