hc-dev mailing list archives

From larry mccay <larry.mc...@gmail.com>
Subject Annotations Removed in 4.5.3?
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 16:07:15 GMT
Hi HC devs -

Do I understand correctly that the annotations were removed in 4.5.3 in an
incompatible way?
Maybe I am missing something but breaking the code of existing consumers in
a dot release is bad practice.

We needed to upgrade to 4.5.3 in order to get the SSL+SPNEGO fix that broke
us with 4.5.2 but now doing so breaks our annotation usage.

Is there some strategy for existing code to migrate or to use a shim of
sorts for this?

In the meantime, it seems we will need to downgrade back to 4.5.1 again to
avoid the SSL+SPNEGO issue.

If there are any critical security fixes/CVEs fixed between dot releases
incompatible changes make it risky to upgrade.

Hoping that you have some other answer for this.

thanks,

--larry