hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1788709 [1/5]
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2017 17:43:41 GMT
On Sun, 2017-03-26 at 03:43 +0000, ggregory@apache.org wrote:
> Author: ggregory
> Date: Sun Mar 26 02:43:03 2017
> New Revision: 1788709

> Log:
> Use final.

Gary,

I have been meaning to say that for a long time. Keeping on making
style changes that are not enforced by the style check seems, well, I
do not know, a bit unwise.

All this time would probably be much better spent improving the style
check definitions.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/hc-stylecheck/trunk/src/
main/resources/hc-stylecheck/default.xml

>     httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/httpclient5/src/examples/org/apac
> he/hc/client5/http/examples/AsyncClientConnectionEviction.java
>     httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/httpclient5/src/examples/org/apac
> he/hc/client5/http/examples/AsyncClientHttp1Pipelining.java

Code examples were not using final intentionally in order to make them
less noisy. Besides, not everyone likes explicit final variable
declarations.

Examples intentionally use minimal style checks.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/hc-stylecheck/trunk/src/
main/resources/hc-stylecheck/minimal.xml

*sigh*

Oleg