hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Moore <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: User-Agent
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 15:20:15 GMT
As an observation, since we use Maven, if we know the HttpClient (or
AsyncClient) version, that determines the other dependency versions, right?
While it's not as convenient to go look them up when debugging, I'm not
sure adding essentially redundant information to the header makes sense,
especially for production traffic.

The other change you illustrated, Gary, was putting the Java version as a
top-level "product" instead of in a comment. I could definitely see that
would be easier for folks to parse, and I do think the Java version is
useful to put in there, since it *can* vary separately from the HttpClient
version. Is that one of the particular details you were looking for?

Jon