hc-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User-Agent
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 17:11:11 GMT
On Feb 16, 2017 7:02 AM, "Oleg Kalnichevski" <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

On Wed, 2017-02-15 at 13:19 -0800, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> Right now our user agent logs as:

> I think this would be more helpful when debugging:

> Thoughts?
>
> Gary

Gary

What would be the benefit of doing so?

At work we a ship a large server (and client libs) which is configurable
out the wazoo. When we get debug logs from customers, and we need to
reproduce issues, it is always best to get the most accurate picture of
what is going on so we can duplicate.

For instance for HttpAsyncClient we would have include HttpCore,
HttpCore NIO, HttpClient and HttpAsyncClient versions. It seems to make
more complex then necessary.

It is still a lot less complex than what a web browser submits ;-)

I'm only looking to make debugging easier for myself without having to do a
screenshare to pick apart a customers config.

Gary

Oleg