hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Collaborate implementing HTTP 2.0 support - HTTPCORE-432
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 10:30:15 GMT
On Mon, 2016-11-21 at 04:34 +0100, Francisco Carriedo Scher wrote:
> After having a look to the source code and the RFC, I would like to clarify
> a couple of things about the testing against popular web-servers.
>
> My first idea was to see if I could take some unit tests making requests to
> test servers as basis and generating new test classes pointing them instead
> to real running web-servers. However, after seeing the unit tests, my
> impression is that perhaps this might not be the best approach or at least
> complete/realistic enough.
>
> The intention of this testing is to test the library from a client
> perspective (as a client of the library I mean) in more real-world
> scenarios, not necessarily adding additional unit tests to the existing
> ones, right?

Correct. There is no point building test cases that depend on an
external web server.

> Aside, should an issue in Jira be open for this in order to log and
> document versions and keep the worklog?

You are welcome to use project wiki to document your findings / track
progress of your work [1] and raise JIRA tickets for specific detects
that you find [2]

Oleg

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE