hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: support for informational responses
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 10:10:34 GMT
On Tue, 2016-11-08 at 15:50 +0100, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2016-11-08 15:38, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > Ironically this is precisely what i have been working on in trunk. Please bear with
me for the next few days. I intend to commit my changes toward the end of the week.

> Oh, cool!
>
> Best regards, Julian

Hi Julian

Now with the new APIs one can have pretty much full control over message
exchange either on the client or the server side including passing of
intermediate (informational) response messages between endpoints.

https://github.com/apache/httpcore/blob/trunk/httpcore5/src/main/java/org/apache/hc/core5/http/nio/AsyncServerExchangeHandler.java
https://github.com/apache/httpcore/blob/trunk/httpcore5/src/main/java/org/apache/hc/core5/http/nio/AsyncClientExchangeHandler.java

There is presently no integration test exercising that functionality, so
that might be a pretty valuable contribution.

https://github.com/apache/httpcore/blob/trunk/httpcore5-testing/src/test/java/org/apache/hc/core5/testing/nio/http/Http1IntegrationTest.java

Cheers

Oleg