hc-dev mailing list archives

From Francisco Carriedo Scher <fcarrie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Collaborate implementing HTTP 2.0 support - HTTPCORE-432
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2016 04:46:15 GMT
Hello,

Don't know if migrating to Log4J2
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-436> (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-436) would override the task
I was working in (enabling debug logging on integration tests). Anyway, as
I don't know how long migrating might take and the work was already done
for httpcore5 module I have committed it to my fork (
https://github.com/fcarriedos/httpcore/commit/46ba8b0c408cfb67d0ed6395c675b8bd2f6fa131).
If you consider it correct and want me to extend it to the other modules,
just say it.

Question: I determined which packages to enable logging for with the shell
command below (output attached). To me this should find any class needing
to yield debug log lines. Could somebody comment on this? (Correct,
incorrect, suggestions?). Thanks!

$ httpcore/httpcore5$ reset && egrep -Ri "log" ./* | grep java | grep debug

DEADLOCK: when I completed this a month ago, enabling debug logging
resulted in a dead-lock in class "TestSyncHttp.java". This test class is
not present anymore and the deadlock does not appear now, but I don't know
if this could be another good reason to work on updating the logging
framework (HTTPCORE-436), as I dug a bit and looked like a known issue for
Log4J 1.2. I can reproduce the deadlock and provide more detail if needed.

Meanwhile I will have a look to testing the HTTP/2 transport with popular
web servers as you suggested. Please confirm if this is still pending or
somebody already is taking care of it.

Thanks!