hc-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Moore <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HC 5.0 scope and design decisions
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 15:18:26 GMT
I think it is probably fine to go with a single style of I/O for the lower
layer transport; if we want to also provide a blocking interface I think it
would be ok to write that as an adapter up at the HttpClient level.

On the Java 8 side, I think a major release (5.x) that generally has API
breaking changes is an excellent opportunity to get onto a non-EOL version
of Java! So I am also in favor of that.

Jon