hc-dev mailing list archives

From Francisco Carriedo Scher <fcarrie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Collaborate implementing HTTP 2.0 support - HTTPCORE-432
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 04:19:29 GMT
Forked the code in pointer 1 to my own repository.

Followed the steps in pointer 2 to setup my environment and these are the
results by now:

   - mvn test OK
   - mvn install OK
   - mvn clirr:check FAILS
   - mvn apache-rat:check OK
   - mvn compile javadoc:aggregate OK

About the binary compatibility tests (mvn clirr:check), my impression that
it is probably comparing the current method signatures with previous ones
and most of them either changed or just didn't exist as the implementation
is still very young... Is this it? Is this something I can safely ignore at
this point? You can see the output I saw in the attached file
compatibilitytest.log.

I followed the instructions in pointer 4 and I have attached a sample of
the output of the test execution for the module httpcore5 with debug
logging enabled (test.log.gz). Quick summary of what I did:

   - Include the dependency of for Log4j in the pom.xml file of the module.
   - Include the commons-logging.properties file, specifying the facade for
   the logging implementation.
   - Include the log4j.properties specifying the appenders, packages and
   logging level for each package.

If you find it correct, I can include the same configuration for the other
modules.

Meanwhile, I will review the pointer 3 to have a look to the new APIs and
provide some feedback.

Francisco