hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HC 5.0 scope and design decisions
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 20:00:14 GMT
On Thu, 2016-09-29 at 09:27 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi Oleg

> > Should be remain faithful to Commons Logging or shall we finally migrate
> > to SLF4J?
> I agree with Gary that Log4J2 is better than SLF4J too. Since we also
> have Gary's experience and support to move to it, I think that maybe the
> best option.
>
> regards
> asankha

Gary, Asankha

Being a happy user of Log4J2 myself I would be very much in favor of
using it directly. However we ought not impose a particular choice of
the logging toolkit upon all our users. We should be using a logging
bridge. This essentially leaves with two options: Commons Logging or
SLF4J, both of which can use different backends including Log4J2.

Oleg