hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HC 5.0 scope and design decisions
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 19:42:31 GMT
On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 22:28 +0300, Dmitry Potapov wrote:

> > Damn. I had no idea you were working on something like that. I am
> > currently in the process of re-writing the old HTTP/1.1 non-blocking
> > transport to re-align it with the new HTTP/2 code. I just wrote a
> > completely new HTTP/1.1 message duplexer:
> >
> > https://github.com/ok2c/httpcore/blob/565d939a3b43444eb93346b30c07579cbf2c5ff0/httpcore5/src/main/java/org/apache/hc/core5/http/impl/nio/AbstractHttp1StreamDuplexer.java

> I hadn't working on this since December 2014. In my e-mail from 07 December 2014, you
can find description on what my patch does. In fact I've tried to reduce impact and fit it
into existing 4.x messages handling API.

A lot of complexity in the old code had to do with a rather awkward
implementation of the expect-continue handshake, which I intend to
completely do away with.

To sum things up: let's keep the classic I/O based server transport. It
will not get any new features but we can keep it as long as people find
it useful.

Oleg