hc-dev mailing list archives

From eagledare <eagled...@gmail.com>
Subject How does SSLSocketFactory choose the client cert?
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 23:10:43 GMT
Hi, I'm struggling with an issue where during the SSL handshake for a
RESTful post my code will not send the client cert to the other side, and
the result is a handshake_failure error. I know that the server side
certificates are being accepted and are in my truststore. I know that both
the server and client certs I want to use are in my keystore, but nothing
is being sent to the server when we reach the client cert piece of the
negotiation.

My question is, what critera are being used by SSLSocketFactory to choose
the client cert? Does my local hostname need to match the CN or DNS entries
in the client cert?

Thanks in advance. Also, below is a link to a stackoverflow post with more
details on the issue.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37757544/apache-httpclient-sends-no-client-cert-during-mutual-authentication