hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpCore - CC buddy license.
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 00:02:34 GMT
On 2 March 2016 at 22:19, Justi Kd <justikd@outlook.com> wrote:
> Legal response:
> "The CC-BY license is on the category B license, which means it should be prominently
labelled and as a separate binary file (for example a jar file). This is so it's clear to
users that it's in there (which may lead to the feedback you received) and easier for them
to remove/replace."

> Reads to me clear that the annotations  need to be removed as they are not optional to
HttpCore consumers.

That's not my reading.
Also the issue has not been finally resolved.

Please see some comments I made on the JIRA.

If it turns out that some of the existing classes *do* need to be
removed (there are 2 new ones not in JCIP) then it should be possible
to start again from the clean-room implementation linked from the
issue.