hc-dev mailing list archives

From Justi Kd <just...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: HttpCore - CC buddy license.
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 17:33:37 GMT

 > You are welcome to approach them on our behalf if you feel strongly
 > about the issue.
 >
 > Oleg

I think it's quite important to remove this because what seems trivial or non-issue
for us developers may prove to be an obstacle when challenged by managers/legal folks
and at the end of the day it's about replying: this is ASL2 OR this is ASL2 'but' and
I don't think we need to be put in a position to explain any 'but' or deal with any
adoption barrier that might pop later due to this.

Anyway, I did some searches and I couldn't find direct contact info for the authors
(excluding twitter). I'll keep on searching but if you have any 'ideas' don't hesitate
to send me a direct email.

Another way to resolve this would be to somehow make these "optional" and state that
this library *optionally* depends on these by doing x,y,z and are not required to make
use of the library.