hc-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTP/2 naming convention
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 18:36:41 GMT
Hi All:

Cool to see HTTP/2 coming down the pike.

I see a new module for HTTP2 and while I realize that this is fresh code,
I'd like to talk about naming.

I see types with the "H2" prefix, others with "Http2" and others with no
prefix.

I find the module name "httpcore5-h2" and "H2" in general not great.

How about "http2core5" and a "Http2" prefix where we need one?

I know there is virtually no risk of confusing HTTP code with the H2
database, but H2 does not say much to me.

Thank you,
Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com