hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpCore - CC buddy license.
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 16:18:07 GMT
On Mon, 2016-02-29 at 17:36 +0200, Justi Kd wrote:

> > Did you ask? If you feel strongly about this, let them know. More voices is
> > better.
> >
> > Gary

> I certainly don't
> mind, just that I think it would be more appropriate that it comes from the HttpCore
lead developers that decided to incorporate this and who officially represent the project.

I would see no problem removing @GuardedBy annotations (we do not really
use them) but would like to have @Immutable, @ThreadSafe and
@NonThreadSafe or their equivalents.

I doubt Brian Goetz and Tim Peierls would care much some obscure project
such ours to go to the trouble of relicensing their work, but they might
be willing to concede @Immutable, @ThreadSafe and @NonThreadSafe being
generic enough to not require special licensing.

You are welcome to approach them on our behalf if you feel strongly
about the issue.

Oleg