hc-dev mailing list archives

From shashankdevan <shashankde...@gmail.com>
Subject java.lang.IllegalStateException: Request cannot be executed; I/O reactor status: STOPPED
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 21:45:30 GMT
I have a service that is expected to execute requests at ~5 or more
requests/min. This service depends on Apache AsyncHttpClient. After every
few minutes, the clients hits some condition which causes
*java.lang.IllegalStateException: Request cannot be executed; I/O reactor
status: STOPPED*. All requests to the client start failing with same
exception message. After service is restarted, this cycle repeats.

It is really hard to debug this problem as the request execution failure
surprisingly does not cause a callback to the *failed()* method of the
AsyncResponse.

>From what I could gather, there has been a fix  HTTPCORE-370
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-370>   in HttpCore NIO which
solved a similar problem in 4.3.2. I am using the following version -
commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
httpasyncclient-4.1.1.jar
httpcore-4.4.4.jar
httpcore-nio-4.4.4.jar

Yet seeing this problem. Any help would be really appreciated.