hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HC 5.0: HttpCore 5.0 alpha1 release
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2015 12:53:48 GMT
On Tue, 2015-12-01 at 21:29 +0100, Michael Osipov wrote:
> Am 2015-12-01 um 14:35 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
> > Folks
> >
> > I would like to start cutting RC1 for HttpCore 5.0 alpha1 sometime soon.
> >
> > Could you please take a look at the latest snapshot and let me know if
> > you find anything that might block the release or cause another RC
> > build?
>
> While this is an alpha release, the code does not show overall good
> fitness. It will take a look of tweaks for GA.
>
> I've made a quick code review and here are my findings:
>
> 1. What about the artifact ids? Didn't we want to apply the same scheme
> as Apache Commons?
>     httpcore5-parent
>     |- httpcore5
>     |- httpcore5-ab
>     etc..

Corrected. Please review

> 3. version.properties requires a relocation and an update

Corrected.

> 8. HttpResponse throws IllegalStageException for illegal arguments. Weird?!

Corrected.

> 11. HeaderGroup: Using a get(int), set(int, Object) on a list (here
> List<Header>) might incur a performance penalty because they were not
> designed for that.

I am not sure I understand this one.

Feel free to work on other items as you see fit. However, changes to
cross-cutting aspects like exception handling and logging as well as
those involving introduction of extra dependencies / Java version
upgrade should be discussed on the list.

Folks,

I would like to start cutting RC1 soon. Please let me know if you see
any blockers.

Cheers

Oleg