hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject My part in auth APIs refactoring concluded; was Re: Some comments on recent auth API changes
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2015 14:25:20 GMT
On Sun, 2015-08-09 at 20:19 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> On Sun, 2015-08-09 at 19:41 +0200, Michael Osipov wrote:
> > Oleg,

> I was going to write everything up in a few days, post it to the list
> and basically pass everything over to you. I also did my very best to
> describe how the new API were supposed to work in AuthScheme javadocs
> but admittedly I am not much of a writer. Take a look at the
> AuthScheme#isResponseReady method. Essentially the idea is to enable
> AuthScheme to decide whether or not it needs user credentials to
> proceed. Username / password based schemes would need to get credentials
> from the credentials provider in order to proceed. More complex schemes
> may always return true from this method and obtain user credentials by
> some other means.
>
> I am in the process of making last minor changes to the auth APIs. I'll
> happily step away in a few days and you are welcome to take the lead
> from there on.

Michael et al

My part in refactoring of the auth API is now pretty much concluded.
AuthScheme javadocs should have enough details about the design to get
you started. The new APIs look good enough to work well for standard
Basic and Digest schemes. I also managed to get rid of a lot of ugly
stuff in the process.

It is all yours now.

I'll be around to help whichever way possible. However, from here on I
intend to be less involved in HttpClient development. It is time new
folks took it over.

Cheers

Oleg