hc-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Potapov <potapo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpConnection live time
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2015 15:50:34 GMT
What about custom connection factory and custom connection reuse strategy?
First one will create TimeAwareHttpClientConnection, the second one will kill connections
which is older than 1 minute (or what refresh interval you want).
Moreover, you could notify your custom connection reuse strategy about dns changes, so connections
refresh could be achieved faster.

--
Dmitry Potapov

On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 04:38:19PM +0300, Серега Красильников wrote:

> I'm sorry, that was missclick!
>
> <<<
> Good day ladies and gentlemen!
>
> Short intro:
> We have an APIs on AWS EC2. We have AWS load balancer (LB) and a lot of instances behind.
Once a time, depends on load, LB is adding new instance with new DNS.

> What we want to have:
> Once in a short period of time kill connection to have a reference on a new Amazon instance.
>
> What approaches we've found:
> 1. Make HttpClient use NoConnectionReuseStrategy - this might cost a lot for big amount
of requests
> 2. Make HttpConnectionMetrics of each connection hold time of creation (and then calculate
kill it or no)
> 3. Make custom PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager, which would use our custom HttpClientConnection
wrapper to have there creation time.