hc-dev mailing list archives

From Серега Красильников <illapi...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: HttpConnection live time
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2015 13:38:19 GMT

I'm sorry, that was missclick!

<<<
Good day ladies and gentlemen!

Short intro:
We have an APIs on AWS EC2. We have AWS load balancer (LB) and a lot of instances behind.
Once a time, depends on load, LB is adding new instance with new DNS.

What we want to have:
Once in a short period of time kill connection to have a reference on a new Amazon instance.

What approaches we've found:
1. Make HttpClient use NoConnectionReuseStrategy - this might cost a lot for big amount of
requests
2. Make HttpConnectionMetrics of each connection hold time of creation (and then calculate
kill it or no)
3. Make custom PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager, which would use our custom HttpClientConnection
wrapper to have there creation time.

Main question we  have is - how  rchitecturally correct do it.

Thanks, Sergey K.