hc-dev mailing list archives

From Lucas Sapp <fiery1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Addresses that do not Resolve an IP will cause an Error.
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 19:27:47 GMT
The DNS resolver is part of the problem creating a custom DnsResolver does
not appear to resolve the issue.

If the address is https://facebookcorewwwi.onion/ the server tries to
resolve this and fails, no ip address exists. This results in an
UnknownHostException which is the correct behavior if i wasn't using a
proxy.  I am using a custom socket factory that creates TOR socks5 sockets.
This address is valid (for tor) and should allow it to create
a connection to the server using hostname. Tor will create
the connection to the server by hostname since tor addresses do not have an
ip address. This is blocked however by the below line which forces the
InetSocketAddress to have a null hostname, by constructor.

final InetSocketAddress remoteAddress = new InetSocketAddress(address,port);

Since there is no easy access to HttpClientConnectionManager it is
difficult to make update this for my specific use case. I was wondering if
there was a way to allow it to create the socket using the Host rather then
the Address? In this case i could create a custom DnsResolver that would
correct the issue.

Thanks,
Lucas