hc-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents AsyncClient 4.1 based on RC1
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:35:57 GMT
On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 6:28 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2015-04-14 at 14:00 -0700, Gary Gregory wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>
> > wrote:

> TestHttpAsyncPipelining.testPipelinedRequestsUnexpectedConnectionClosure:215

> > > Gary,
> > >
> > > Same story as we had before. Networking and SSL code behaves
> differently
> > > when running on Windows version, especially in case of an abnormal
> > > connection termination. I'll have to relax the expected exception type
> > > to generic I/O to make Windows happy.
> > >
> > > Oleg
> > >

> > Hi Oleg,
> >
> > Yeah, that's a PITA of a difference. Do you plan leaving it as is (I
> would)
> > and fixing for the next release?
> >
> > Gary
> >

> Hi Gary
>
> I tweaked the test case so it should work with Windows as well.
>
> Could you please get the latest snapshot and see if all tests pass for
> you? If you can confirm that the tests pass I will create RC2 and
> restart the vote.
>
> Cheers and thanks for helping.

YW.

If I get the latest from SVN trunk of everything including
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpasyncclient/trunk

and run 'mvn -U test' I get a bunch of errors like:

testClientCloseloseQuietly[https](org.apache.http.nio.client.integration.TestHttpAsync)
 Time elapsed: 0.002 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
        The import org.apache.http.conn.ssl.DefaultHostnameVerifier cannot
be resolved
        The import org.apache.http.conn.util.PublicSuffixMatcherLoader
cannot be resolved
        The import org.apache.http.ssl cannot be resolved

        at
org.apache.http.nio.conn.ssl.SSLIOSessionStrategy.<init>(SSLIOSessionStrategy.java:45)
        at
org.apache.http.localserver.AbstractAsyncTest.setUp(AbstractAsyncTest.java:130)
        at
org.apache.http.localserver.HttpAsyncTestBase.setUp(HttpAsyncTestBase.java:60)
        at
org.apache.http.nio.client.integration.TestHttpAsync.setUp(TestHttpAsync.java:80)

Did you mean run Maven with -U when you said 'get the latest snapshot'?

Gary