hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org>
Subject Progress of HTTPCLIENT-1625/open questions
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 14:26:13 GMT
Hi folks,

I have finally started coding of that issue. While I was able to write a
working prototype within an hour authenticating against Apache Tomcat
and Apache Web Server, an issue arose I am not really clear about:

Is a credentials provider always necessary for a target host? In other
words, do I always need something like this:
CredentialsProvider p = new BasicCredentialsProvider();
p.setCredentials(AuthScope.ANY, new
UsernamePasswordCredentials("mumu:mumu"));
builder.setDefaultCredentialsProvider(p);

Although the credential is by default obtained at runtime?
I have noticed that authentication is not executed if no cred provider
is set and the logs are not very chatty about that.

I will post regularily must progress on the issue.

Thanks,

Michael