hc-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Httpcomponents Wiki] Update of "IssueTracking/HTTPCLIENT-1625" by MichaelOsipov
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 20:47:05 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Httpcomponents Wiki" for change notification.

The "IssueTracking/HTTPCLIENT-1625" page has been changed by MichaelOsipov:
https://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/IssueTracking/HTTPCLIENT-1625?action=diff&rev1=3&rev2=4

Comment:
Added issues and notes

  TBD

  == Open Issues ==
- TBD
+  1. Response token is not handed over to `GSSBasedScheme`, thus authentication can never
be completed.
+
+ == Important Notes ==
+  * A `CredentialsProvider` with an fake item must be set otherwise authentication is not
triggered.

  == Testing ==
  Testing is comprised of two sections: unit tests and integration tests.
@@ -50, +53 @@

   1. Why does `MalformedChallengeException` not extend `AuthenticationException` though it
is documented for authentication purposes?<<BR>>OK: `MalformedChallengeException`
signals syntax violation of some sort presenting the client from understanding the challenge
whereas `AuthenticationException` signals inability or unwillingness to respond to the challenge.
To me these are different type of issues, but I am open to changing it in 5.0.
   1. The name of `ChallengeState` is quite confusing. Where is the state? This is merely
a `ChallengeHostType`.<<BR>>OK: We can deprecate it and replace with `AuthCounterpartType`
or some such in 4.5.
-  1. Can a `ContextAwareAuthScheme` instance be reused?<<BR>>OK: It can be re-used
and will automatically be re-used within the same context (requests executed with the same
instance of HttpContext).
+  1. Can a `ContextAwareAuthScheme` instance be reused?<<BR>>OK: It can be re-used
and will automatically be re-used within the same context (requests executed with the same
instance of `HttpContext`).
- 1. Can an `HttpContext` be used concurrently?
+  1. Can an `HttpContext` be used concurrently?<<BR>>MO: in theory, yes. See
[[http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core-ga/httpcore/apidocs/org/apache/http/protocol/HttpContext.html?is-external=true|Javadoc]]
of `HttpContext`.

  == Todos ==