hc-dev mailing list archives

From Lucas Sapp <fiery1...@gmail.com>
Subject Addresses that do not Resolve an IP will cause an Error.
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 21:18:01 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I have discovered an issue when I try to reach addresses that do not
resolve an IP address but are still valid and can be accessed with a
SOCKS/HTTP Proxy. I am using HttpClient 4.3.4. The error seems to occur
when it tries to resolve the address prior to connecting the socket. It
throws an exception trying to resolve DNS in
HttpClientConnectionOperator#Connect. I have verified that by making some
changes it will correctly connect to the desired endpoint for SOCKS
connections. I was curious to know if there is a better way to handle this,
and if not, if there was any interest in including this functionality.
Thanks,
Lucas