hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP/2 for HC?
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 11:47:12 GMT
On Thu, 2015-02-19 at 03:39 -0800, Brien Colwell wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> For normal requests where there is one response per request, could each
> connection just be a pipeline on an async channel, where the pipeline could
> have a blocking interface?

It is certainly a possibility. We might move core transport components
entirely to NIO and provide a simple blocking interface on top of async
core. It is an option.

> I get that sever push in the general sense is outside the HttpClient
> design as is.

Without a reasonable support for multiple streams the HTTP/2 support
would simply be useless.

I am still trying to understand what subset of features HC could support
initially and what features could be added incrementally over time. It
any case it is going to be a slow and painful process.

Oleg