hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject HttpClient 4.5 feature release?
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 10:04:01 GMT
Folks

It looks like the only proper way of resolving HTTPCLIENT-1613 [1] is to
extend existing APIs, which (at least ideally) should require a new
feature release and a full ALPHA / BETA development cycle.

We, of course, could just cut 4.5 GA right away and be done with it.
Alternatively we could pack some more features into 4.5 to make it more
worthwhile.

@Michael

Would you have time and inclination to put some work into GGS / WinAuth
improvements in the coming weeks and target end of March as a release
date for 4.5-alpha1?

4.5 would also enable us to fix some of the misspelled method names.

Oleg

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1613