hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AWS
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 13:23:23 GMT
On Sat, 2015-02-07 at 15:05 -0600, Scott Morgan wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I have a project which is a Java Async Web Socket Client (AWS).   I am
> interested in reducing the amount of code I am maintaining and thought that
> the HttpComponents group might be a good home for it.
> The code is here;
> http://cvs.adligo.org/viewvc/aws_client/
>
> It is designed to work with any web socket server, although jetty was the
> focus during it's development.
> Please let me know if your group is interested in migrating the project
> into the Apache space,
> and how this is done.
>
> I am in NO rush to make the migration happen, although it would be nice to
> get it done by 2018.
>
> Cheers,
> Scott

Hi Scott

At present your project has no overlap with HttpComponents code base of
what so ever. While WebSockets support would make a welcome addition to
HC, I am not sure a stand-alone project with a completely different
design and a separate code base is the right way of going about it.
Would you be personally willing to do all the necessary grunt work to
re-design and migrate the project?

Oleg