hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1644011
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 14:09:42 GMT
On Tue, 2014-12-09 at 12:47 +0000, sebb wrote:
> On 9 December 2014 at 09:41,  <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> > Author: olegk
> > Date: Tue Dec  9 09:41:27 2014
> > New Revision: 1644011

> > Log:
> > Added @Obsolete and @Experimental annotations
>
> Good idea, but Obsolete sounds rather like a synonym for Deprecated to me.
>
> I wonder if it might be better to use a more specific name, e.g.
>
> ObsoleteProtocol

It is in a way a synonym for Deprecated that does not cause compile
warnings. I am currently working on RFC 6265 compliant cookie spec
implementation(s) that render RFC 2109 / RFC 2965 compatible ones
obsolete. I would like to discourage their use without explicitly making
them deprecated (which may suggest their are no longer adequately
maintained) while still keeping them around for compatibility reasons.

Feel free to rename Obsolete to something more appropriate.

Oleg