hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: My introduction and JIRA karma
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 17:47:09 GMT
Hi Karl and thanks for the welcome,

Am 2014-11-14 um 17:44 schrieb Karl Wright:
> Welcome onboard!
>
> I'm the lead with the ManifoldCF project, which is a heavy user of
> httpclient, and the implementer of the NTLM code that HttpClient currently
> includes.  I'm looking forward to someone keeping up to date with all the
> various authentication/authorization protocols, since this changes
> apparently hourly these days.

NTLM is a proprietary and tricky beast. Avoid it, if you can, migrate to
Kerberos.

As for auth, I will focus on GSS-API-provided mechs first and those from
SSPI (which supports NTLM natively) then I will take a look at the
proprietary stuff.

Please keep an eye on my changes and test it once in a while. Give
feedback if necessary.

Michael