hc-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org>
Subject My introduction and JIRA karma
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 16:36:00 GMT
Hi folks,

I have been recently promoted as HC committer by Oleg. Being an Apache
committer for serveral years now, contributing to Apache Maven, I
finally decided to join this project too.

Oleg asked me to join to make improvements on the GSS-API-based and
SSPI-based (Windows) authentication, latter added recently. This is
something which has been neglected over years in this wonderful client.

Some random notes on me and that topic: I have been working with
GSS-API/SSPI for several years now, mainly in Java but recently in C
too. I have gained profound experience in that area in various ways.
Contributed to several projects in that area already: Apache Tomcat,
libserf (Subversion's HTTP transport), curl, the JDK, mod_spnego and
maybe other which I don't remember right now.

It is about time to bring Apache's top Java HTTP client on par with the
rest of the HTTP client world.

The only thing I need is JIRA karma (username: michael-o) to work with
issues appropriately and some guidance on the HTTPClient API from time
to time.

Regards,

Michael