hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What is the replacement for EntityTemplate?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 13:34:34 GMT
On Sun, 2014-11-09 at 04:23 +0400, Dmitry Potapov wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I noticed that EntityTemplate was deleted from trunk 5 days ago. What
> is the suggested replacement for this class, which can be used for
> streaming responses?
>
> BTW, EntityTemplate was the last class which used ContentProducer interface.

Hi Dmitry

I am trying out various ideas in the trunk that were not possible since
4.x has gone GA in 2009. The trunk can be really unstable in the coming
months.

One thing I am toying with right now is genericising HttpMessage, so
that message content could be backed by classes other than HttpEntity
(for instance, one could use blocking HttpCore with plain InputStream
and OutputStream).

You should switch to 4.4.x branch unless you want to be involved in the
5.0 design, which you are very welcome to do.

Cheers

Oleg