hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject HttpCore trunk is now 5.0
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 12:14:31 GMT
Folks

HttpCore trunk is now 5.0-alpha1. The main focus of 5.0 is compliance
with RFC 7230 and related RFCs. However this is a point when we can
revisit design decisions, re-do things that need to be re-done and
improve things that need to be improved without constraints of API
compatibility.

(1) Do we want to make anther attempt at making HTTP message objects
immutable?

(2) Do we want to consider using a 3rd party I/O (NIO) framework instead
of maintaining our own?

(3) HttpCore presently does not rely on any logging toolkits or APIs. It
always propagates exceptions to the caller and let the caller handle
them. There are circumstances though when one might want to log certain
debug info or contextual details.

(4) Anything else one deems important.

I'll be mostly removing deprecated code and cleaning up cruft in
non-deprecated code for some while. Anyone is more than welcome to join
in and work on some other things.

Oleg