hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Core 4.4-beta1 based on RC1
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2014 11:39:40 GMT
On 21 September 2014 12:27, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-09-21 at 12:12 +0100, sebb wrote:

>> > It performs necessary validation.
>>
>> I meant that showing the command needed to check the release does not
>> document that it has been run as part of the release checking, nor
>> does it document the result of running the check.
>>

> We only vote on source tarball and nothing else. Source tarball either
> meets certain criteria or it does not.

Those criteria must include RAT and should include Clirr.

It is also not strictly true to say that there is no need to consider
the binary artifacts.
Their sigs and hashes must still be checked, and the embedded NOTICE
and LICENSE files must be correct.
Also the binary archive must not include prohibited items such as LGPL
dependencies.

> But as I said before you are welcome to extend release tools to generate
> whatever reports you desire.

Just because I report an issue with a process does not mean I have to
be the one to fix it.