hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Core 4.4-beta1 based on RC1
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2014 23:52:37 GMT
On 20 September 2014 13:49, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-09-20 at 08:37 -0400, Gary Gregory wrote:
>> I do not understand why there is not a link to a pre-built site for this RC.
>>

> Website is not a release artifact and is not a part of the release
> process.

No, but the RM is expected to run at least the RAT and Clirr reports,
and include them in the vote e-mail to show that these have been done.

Also the review can check if there are any obvious errors in the site
so these can be fixed before deployment.
Even though the site is not part of release process, it is an
important part of the public face of the project.