hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coming HC 4.4b1 release and release process revisions
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 15:13:40 GMT
On 16 September 2014 15:15, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-09-09 at 14:22 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
>> Sebastian et al
>>
>> I would like to cut HC 4.4b1 releases soon.
>>
>> Could you please find a few minutes to review the latest snapshots with
>> regards to legal compliance?
>>
>> This would also be the right time to discuss and if necessary revise our
>> release process.

IMO the release vote e-mail must include everything needed to perform
a check of the tarballs.
It should be possible for an outsider to perform the audit directly
from the provided info.
This means links to KEYS, source repo tag (with unique id), link to
Clirr and Rat report.

Also it should be possible to trace the provenance of the published
tarballs back to the vote e-mail.
This means that it should be possible to compare a published tarball
against the one in the vote e-mail.
The e-mail can contain hashes of the tarballs.
If the RC tarballs are published via the dist/dev repo, then the URL
and revision should be enough to identify them.

> Sebastian,
>
> Do you have any thoughts on the subject or it is OK for me to proceed
> with HC 4.4b1 releases?

What do you mean by HC?
Does that include core and client?