hc-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Core 4.4-beta1 based on RC1
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2014 12:37:42 GMT
I do not understand why there is not a link to a pre-built site for this RC.

Does the RM expect each reviewer to generate their own site to check that
the RAT and Clirr reports are OK for example?

Doing a build per BUILDING.txt works for me here but that does not tell me
that if I am building something that incompatible with the previous minor
version or not (Clirr). Neither does it tell me if all the Java files have
the proper legal header (RAT).

Therefore I do not feel confident voting either way based on the content of
the email and I cannot take the time to run through a whole build process
ATM. OTOH, I could look at a site while I am taking a break from other
activities on my phone...

Gary