hc-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Bieniek <Tobias.Bien...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: High server load due to SessionOutputBufferImpl.flush()
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:34:19 GMT
> Is there a chance you could find out what kind of exception
> (with the full stack trace) caused the initial 500 status and triggered
> the whole sequence of events.

I took another look at the whole logfile, but I couldn't find any
logged exceptions around this time. We also have a "global" catch
block that converts any thrown exception into a JSON response and
returns it with HTTP 200 (legacy design...), so I'm not sure if this
is really thrown by our application code.

> Could you please confirm that you are
> _really_ using version 4.3.2?

from our build.gradle file:
compile('org.apache.httpcomponents:httpcore-nio:4.3.2')

when I run `gradle dependencies` there is nothing overwriting the
dependency and when I extract the JAR files it also says 4.3.2.

> Could you also consider upgrading to the
> latest snapshot of the 4.3.x branch?
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpcore/branches/4.3.x/

are there any snapshot releases published to a public maven repo
somewhere that we could use or do we have to compile the jars
manually?

> And of course, a reproducer that I could run locally would be awesome.

we haven't been able yet to reproduce this issue, but as soon as we do
I'll let you know.

Tobias