hc-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Bieniek <Tobias.Bien...@gmx.de>
Subject High server load due to SessionOutputBufferImpl.flush()
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 11:59:34 GMT
Hi guys,

we are running httpcore-nio on several production servers as an API
frontend. Lately we upgraded httpcore from v4.2 to v4.3.2 and since
then we are experiencing a much higher CPU load (constantly around
40%) and memory usage.

We have activated JMX on the servers, had a look with VisualVM and
noticed that the Sampler shows SessionOutputBufferImpl.flush() to
consume over 90% of the CPU time. So far we haven't been able to track
why it is spending so much time flushing when the HTTP request load is
actually rather low.

The memory graph in VisualVM shows that a lot of memory is allocated
in what we suspect to be an endless loop somewhere, which would also
explain the high CPU load.

As I said above we haven't been successful in debugging this problem
and we would be very thankful for any ideas on how we could solve
this.

Tobias Bieniek