hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Core 4.4-beta1 based on RC1
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2014 18:53:44 GMT
On Tue, 2014-09-23 at 13:00 -0400, Gary Gregory wrote:

> > > Right. Naturally it is better to have other people do useless work than
> > do useless work yourself.
> >
> > It is not useless work.
> > The RM must - and reviewers should - run the RAT and Clirr checks.
> > This needs to be documented as part of the release voting.
> >

> I agree that the RM and reviewers must run or check these reports.
> It sure would waste less time if the reports were provided or instructions
> provided (I added some instructions to BUILDING.txt files yesterday FWIW).
>
> Gary

Gary

As both of us just found our reports generated by RM and those generated
locally by a reviewer may not always match. What really matters is
whether or not the source tarball compiles and passes the checks for
_you_. Reports published by RM are useless and a waste of RM time.

If something is still unclear we should work on improving BUILDING.txt
instructions.

Oleg