hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Javadoc with Java 8
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 16:34:33 GMT
The Javadoc that comes with Java 8 is very picky, and generates errors
(rather than warnings) for all sorts of incorrect tags - for example

This new doclint behaviour can be disabled by providing the command-line param

-Xdoclint:none

Unfortunately this causes Javadoc 7 to complain...

Ideally, we should gradually work through the Javadoc fixing the errors.

In the meantime, I have changed Continuum to build http core using
Java 7 (it was defaulting to Java8).

It would be possible to update the poms to conditionally suppress
doclint for Java 8, but I'm not sure that is the best approach.

[1] http://blog.joda.org/2014/02/turning-off-doclint-in-jdk-8-javadoc.html