hc-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Henrik Alstad (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (HTTPCLIENT-1533) MultipartEntity encoding regression bug
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 18:39:38 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1533?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Henrik Alstad updated HTTPCLIENT-1533:
--------------------------------------

    Description: 
Not 100% sure if it's a bug, but in any case, the small code snippet below works with version
4.3.1, but not the most recent 4.3.4
(And when I say 4.3.4 doesen't work, I mean that it does compile, it does run, it does fire
off the request, but the server responds that there's something wrong with the UTF-8 encoding...
it seems like the receiving server treats the content as ISO8859-1, so I suspect that for
some reason, the 4.3.4 versions sets the encoding or something like that, differently than
4.3.1.)

Is this a bug? Something must have changed at least, between 4.3.1 and 4.3.4. I only changed
versions and didnt touch the code.

StringBody tblId = new StringBody(properties.getProperty("tbl-script-name"), ContentType.TEXT_PLAIN.withCharset("UTF-8"));

ByteArrayBody data = new ByteArrayBody(message.getBytes("UTF-8"), ContentType.TEXT_XML.withCharset("UTF-8"),
"file"); 


HttpEntity reqEntity = MultipartEntityBuilder.create()
.addPart(properties.getProperty("tbl-id-parameter"), tblId)
.addPart(properties.getProperty("tbl-file-parameter"), data)
.setCharset(Charset.forName("UTF-8"))
.build();        

post.setEntity(reqEntity);

CloseableHttpResponse response = HttpClients.createDefault().execute(post);

  was:
Not 100% sure if it's a bug, but in any case, the small code snippet below works with version
4.3.1, but not the most recent 4.3.4
(And when I say 4.3.4 doesen't work, I mean that it does compile, it does run, it does fire
off the request, but the server responds that there's something wrong with the UTF-8 encoding...
it seems like the receiving server treats the content as ISO8859-1.)

Is this a bug? Something must have changed at least, between 4.3.1 and 4.3.4. I only changed
versions and didnt touch the code.

StringBody tblId = new StringBody(properties.getProperty("tbl-script-name"), ContentType.TEXT_PLAIN.withCharset("UTF-8"));

ByteArrayBody data = new ByteArrayBody(message.getBytes("UTF-8"), ContentType.TEXT_XML.withCharset("UTF-8"),
"file"); 


HttpEntity reqEntity = MultipartEntityBuilder.create()
.addPart(properties.getProperty("tbl-id-parameter"), tblId)
.addPart(properties.getProperty("tbl-file-parameter"), data)
.setCharset(Charset.forName("UTF-8"))
.build();        

post.setEntity(reqEntity);

CloseableHttpResponse response = HttpClients.createDefault().execute(post);


> MultipartEntity encoding regression bug
> ---------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HTTPCLIENT-1533
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1533
>             Project: HttpComponents HttpClient
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: HttpClient, HttpMime
>    Affects Versions: 4.3.4
>         Environment: Linux
>            Reporter: Henrik Alstad
>
> Not 100% sure if it's a bug, but in any case, the small code snippet below works with
version 4.3.1, but not the most recent 4.3.4
> (And when I say 4.3.4 doesen't work, I mean that it does compile, it does run, it does
fire off the request, but the server responds that there's something wrong with the UTF-8
encoding... it seems like the receiving server treats the content as ISO8859-1, so I suspect
that for some reason, the 4.3.4 versions sets the encoding or something like that, differently
than 4.3.1.)
> Is this a bug? Something must have changed at least, between 4.3.1 and 4.3.4. I only
changed versions and didnt touch the code.
> StringBody tblId = new StringBody(properties.getProperty("tbl-script-name"), ContentType.TEXT_PLAIN.withCharset("UTF-8"));
> ByteArrayBody data = new ByteArrayBody(message.getBytes("UTF-8"), ContentType.TEXT_XML.withCharset("UTF-8"),
"file"); 
> HttpEntity reqEntity = MultipartEntityBuilder.create()
> .addPart(properties.getProperty("tbl-id-parameter"), tblId)
> .addPart(properties.getProperty("tbl-file-parameter"), data)
> .setCharset(Charset.forName("UTF-8"))
> .build();        
> post.setEntity(reqEntity);
> CloseableHttpResponse response = HttpClients.createDefault().execute(post);



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.2#6252)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@hc.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@hc.apache.org


Mime
View raw message