hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coming HttpClient 4.4 alpha1 release
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:38:36 GMT
On 23 June 2014 14:02, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> Folks
>
> I would like to release HttpClient 4.4 alpha1 by the end of the week.
> I'll be away for the first two week of July and ideally would like to
> get the release done before that.
>
> Please have a look at the release notes and feel free to improve them:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

A couple of comments.

1)
"This release also includes all fixes from the stable 4.3.x release branch."

I think this needs qualification as to the cut-off date / revision of
the branch.

2)
"Please note that new features included in this release are still
considered experimental and
their API may change in the future 4.4 alpha and beta releases."

I think this also needs to be made more specific, e.g. by adding a
note to the sections which detail the the new features.
Ideally the Javadoc should also state which features are experimental.