hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release HttpComponents Client 4.4-alpha1 based on RC1
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 23:24:41 GMT
On 27 June 2014 20:44, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-06-27 at 17:56 +0100, sebb wrote:
>> I'm inclined to agree with Gary that the site is important as a help
>> when reviewing the RC.
>>
>> Apart from the RAT report, there is the Clirr report.
>>

> What's wrong with 'mvn clirr:check', which is a part of the release
> process anyway? One is welcome to add RAT maven plugin as well.

My point is that these reports should be part of the RC VOTE.

>> Also, the RC VOTE e-mail should contain the KEYS URL.
>> Yes, I know I can hunt around and find it, but it should really be
>> present to enable the sigs to be checked.
>>

> KEYS file is at its standard location [1] but I can put this url into

I would say the standard location is

http://www.apache.org/disk/<tlpname>/KEYS

At least that is where most other TLPs seem to keep it.

> the vote message template if you think it would add value.

Please.

Apart from the fact that the KEYS file is in a different place from
other projects, it is useful because:
- can copy/paste the mail contents easily
- it is a required part of the voting so should be documented in the mail

> Oleg
>
> [1]
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/httpcomponents/httpclient/KEYS
>

>> [BTW, I now have a shell script which can automatically check sigs
>> against a specific KEYS file.
>> I can add that to SVN somewhere if it would be of use to others]

artifacts.